Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Final Artist Statement

Throughout the year I learned to like my portfolio a lot and you can see all the hard work I put in my pictures. 2nd semester of photo class I was determined to work harder and get more acquainted with Photoshop and my ideals. From the blow out and panning pictures to my quilt squares you can see that I have a strong emphasis in all my pictures.

I think I was mostly successful with my quilt squares because those are my dreams onto squares. My past, present, and future has some type of strong meaning. I had the most fun with my quilt square inside of me. On my inside of my quilt I had a somewhat angel like photo with a black background and me in my football uniform. On this picture I have the world on my shoulders and it feels like that because of school, sports, family and etc.

I’ll say I struggled the most on 2 things, panning and my senior portfolio show pictures. On the senior portfolio picture I really was out of ideals and didn’t know what to do. And for the first time I ran out of ideals. 2nd was panning, trying to capture a moving object was pretty hard for me because I had to do a lot of adjustments to the camera and really had to focus on moving the camera while the object was moving.

Taking this class it changed my whole perspective on the art world. At the beginning I really didn’t pay attention to art and after a whole school year in here I want to get out of the country and go see all these beautiful places in the world. For example I want to see the famous statue, “The Thinker” located in Musee Rodin, Paris. I really like the meaning of the statue because you can look at the statue and apply it anyway you would like to in life in general.

No comments: